The Empresa Municipal de Transports de Palma (EMT-Palma) establishes its commitment to the development and implementation of a quality management system based on the UNE-EN-ISO 9001:2008 and UNE-13816 standards.
The quality of the service that we provide our clients involves undertaking the following commitments to comply with client needs and the regulatory requirements that apply to us:
- Customer focus: At EMT we are aware that users have moved to the category of clients and therefore we need to attract them and attend to them properly and correctly to deliver them satisfaction, as this is the only way to make them loyal to our service.
- Increase in mobility in public transport: We optimise our fleet to achieve maximum frequency in times of highest demand.
- Continuous improvement and Ongoing evaluation: Each year the company management sets quantifiable objectives and monitors their level of progress to increase the degree of satisfaction amongst our clients.
- Adaptation to changes in the city (increase in population, urban growth, etc.): To achieve this, we carry out studies on the transport requirements of residents, paying special attention to access to municipal infrastructures from all neighbourhoods in the city.
- Transparency and trust: Our clients have multiple systems for communicating with us (website, email, phone, in person, etc.). All suggestions and complaints from clients receive priority treatment, and a personal reply.
- The professionalism of the employees when serving the client, thanks to an initial training as well as a yearly training plan to improve skills and adaptation to new technologies.
- Technological innovation and the environment: We carry out continuous research for technological innovations that are applicable to our vehicles with the aim of minimising environmental impact with respect to consumption, waste and atmospheric emissions.
- Commitment to equality: We guarantee the equality of opportunities and treatment between men and women, without discrimination, direct or indirect, for reasons of gender. For this reason, we promote all measures designed to achieve real equality as a strategic principle in our Human Resources Policy.
Palma, 21st February 2013
Since 2009, EMT-Palma has held two different quality certifications, both from AENOR:
- ISO 9001 for quality management certified by AENOR Balears, for all management activities carried out by the company since 2009.
- UNE 13816 for quality in public passenger transport, certified by AENOR Madrid. EMT-Palma was the first company in the Balearics to obtain this certification. The first route to obtain the certification was the number 8 route in 2009. In 2010, it was obtained by the number 10 route. In 2013, route numbers 1 and 33 received the certification, and in March 2014, route numbers 2, 5 and 20 also received the certification.
In 2015, route numbers 7, 16 and 21 are expected to receive certifications.
Scope of certifications
- The ISO 9001 certification affects the “Regular public passenger urban link transport service”, with all the procedures from quality standards (prior to the service provided, during the service, and in subsequent controls).
- The UNEIX 13816 system that EMT-Palma uses has more than 90 quality indicators, each one of them with a “requirement level” and an “unacceptable value”. Some of these indicators are for the certified routes; but the majority of indicators are universal for the entire company fleet.